Truck / Vehicle
The City of St. Marys was legally established in 1823, incorporated in 1834, and became a city in 1904. Elected in 1834, Judge Stacy Taylor was the first mayor of St. Marys.
Lemon Gray Neely, the town’s first millionaire, donated the land for the new school. He asked that the name “Memorial” be used for the new school as a tribute to his late wife. St. Marys Memorial High School opened in 1924 and graduated its first class in 1925. McBroom Jr. High was built in 1952 and named after Charles C. McBroom who had served 39 years as Superintendent plus additional years as a teacher.
Submitted By: City of St. Marys